View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017   #5
Vette73

Default Re: New ZR1 owner experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin' in the 80's View Post
For all of you that are owners and alike. I have owned many sport bikes in my Life. I can say that I have experienced the hayabusa at over 180 at a snap of a finger. This car is the closest I have driven that reminds me of that. If you haven't drive fast sport bikes, you. Need to at least experience it. The zr1 tonight on the highway blew me away as far as the acceleration. My busa would have blown it away, but this would have eventually kept up. Holy crap is this car fast! WOW

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Your right about sport bikes...Years ago I had a 90 GXSX-R 1100,pipe jet kit etc..Did 170 a few times on that bike....At that speed when you look down for a split second at the speedometer you are traveling a football field in a second..Yes quite a rush.....Over 10,000 RPM ...After unfortunately that bike was stolen after seven years of ownership I picked up the 89 GSX-R 1100 ( White and blue) another torque monster....

That was followed up by a ZX-12 Ninja..At the time my friend had the 03 Busa extended swing arm and pipe........The ninja was fast but that Busa was an animal especially down low....He topped out at 190.....Crazy speeds I never even would attempt at this stage in my life......I gave up riding years ago but like you said, nothing compares to the speed and power of a properly tuned modern sport bike......Be safe....
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote