View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017   #53
Roadster

Default Re: TB removal and then some!!!

Just want to say I can't comment enough about all of the contacts from PM's, phone calls, texting and posting that I have been receiving lately with thoughts, ideas, and suggestions concerning the idle issue.
Again, it is very much appreciated from all and as I always say, a good continuing learning process along the way....Thank you all!!!

Been talking to VetteVet (Jep) on numerous occasions and he also came up with an idea for replacing that connector. And that is to find 2 90* elbows that would fit onto the solenoid and also be large enough for the 2 lines to be inserted into them. And then use a small plastic tie to secure.

Yun has also has suggested to Epoxy the lines into the connector. Also I determined that what Yun used during the "first" plenum pull IIRC was a piece of "sticky" tape around the outside of the line and then inserted into the connector seemed to work.
As you will see in the pic, once I reinserted the line in question, it was in there snug. I now don't think that there was even a slight chance that the line ever popped out on its own. It most likely came out when I pulled up on the plenum during removal. So whatever Yun did before apparently worked.

It also looks like there was a plenum removal along the way before my ownership, as this connector has a plastic tie. And from what I have been told, is that the factory did not use plastic ties.

the connector...it was not as soft as what I thought last night...the opening is soft, but the connector itself is firm and doesn't have any cracks...the one opening appears to be slightly elongated...

after reinserting the line in question.....a very snug fit as per Yun...

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 05-03-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote