View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017   #30
henryr

Default Re: Make into Track Car, or sell along? advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbszr View Post
The 315s square make it handle great. It's easy to overdrive the 275s. The 315's will balance it. The 56mm offset 17 inch wheels will fit the front and the rear with spacers and can be rotated. They will rub some on the front. If your used to using Rs, the Hoosier R7 are good. The NT01 are ok and seem to last longer, but they won't stick as much, I stopped getting them because the price went up to about Hoosier cost. I went with VBP extreme springs and sway bars. It was good improvement. I wouldn't recommend the R7 or nt01 if you drive to the track.

They like to eat wheel bearings so spares are nice. Also, inspect the bearing flange radius for cracks. Mine broke a flange off and the caliper held the wheel on, luckily I wasn't in a hard turn when it made the bang. This summer, another front flange cracked all the way around but didn't break yet. I check them before each event. The rear bearings don't seem to have these problems.

I run the Dewitts. It runs about 210 and oil temp is my limit. Oil will peg if no short shifting. Outside temp was 95 though. 75 to 80, it will make the whole session with no short shifting.
the "normal" 17x11 (56et) will fir up front ?

u have a pick of what that looks like ?
henryr is offline   Reply With Quote