View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017   #35
emmvette

Default Re: Make into Track Car, or sell along? advice?

I'm going to offer a little different opinion -
I would suggest sticking to the stock front tires until you feel you can overdrive the car's capabilities. I don't expect that will happen for most people in a summer or two or at least a couple sets of tires for the track. This will allow you to just use the rims you have for now, and also help save some $ and maintenance replacing the front wheel bearings. The larger front wheels with their extra grip put too much load on the wheel bearings and won't last. There is no good upgrade available. I'm not even sure there are good options for the stock bearings, you can spend a lot of time searching this issue on the forum and elsewhere.

With the suspension, again, I would stick with semi-stock for now and you want to make sure the Bilstein shocks are in good condition (if they haven't been previously rebuilt they are most likely due). Send them out to Delta
Vee and they can rebuild them to stock specs, or upgrade the setting to something more suitable to your track use. Call them to discuss. You will need to do this in the fall to have them back in by the spring, so don't put this off.
Make sure the rest of the FX3 suspension works as it should including the actuators. The FX3 is a good suspension and works well with the ZR-1.

I second the Dewitts radiator suggestion. It's good for track use to help keep the temps down.

Last edited by emmvette; 09-11-2017 at 06:08 PM.
emmvette is offline   Reply With Quote