View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018   #6
TX '90 ZR1

Default Re: Emission legal in 50 states

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post

This is the only emissions sticker I know of on my radiator shroud. It mentions nothing about California. Should there be something that does? I think this car was originally sold in FL.
I am about 99% sure this decal is for 49 state vehicles and not CA. certified.
It has been a long time since I dealt with this, but I was selling hundreds of cars a year in CA. during this time and I definitely remember this issue being a freaking nightmare!! Anything that was not a 50 state car was imposed a $300.00 "smog impact fee" upon initial registration in California. This was eventually overturned and you could apply for a refund, but you had to be the retail purchaser and the fee had to be listed as a separate charge on the sales contract. Sorry for the rant, but this has brought back memories of the "Smog Gestapo" and all their trickery.
I am pretty sure that where it says "US EPA" would have continued to say "and CA. standards."
This should not be an issue with registration in CA. now, if this is what you are trying to figure out. However, all systems will need to be stock to get the smog certificate.
1990 #442
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote