View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018   #13
Z51JEFF

Default Re: New Owner of 90 in Cali! - Failed Smog :(

I’m here in Ca and I dread the smog mombo every time it comes around. The problem is the State keeps lowering the max levels,my bone stock 91 with I think it was 17,000 miles failed twice. When I got my car it had 6000 miles and that car with 6000 miles,bone stock virgin would fail today at the current levels. I can’t read the specs on the smog sheet here but it had to be the max Nox level that failed the car. Every time I go through the smog bull$hit I’ve got to jump through hoops,I’ve got a few thing I do to get it to pass,don’t like the idea of bending the rules but based on the State being so unreasonable with this I have no choice. I will say this,Marc Haibeck has the answers for this crap. My car now has 25,000 miles there’s a chance it could fail again,I found a good smog guy that’s seems to know what to do to get it to pass. If the State lowers the max limits anymore it might be time to look into a class action lawsuit. As far as the OP goes everything has to be just right for the car to pass.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote