View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019   #8
WARP TEN

Default Re: SS Works Headers and B&B 3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossgn49u View Post
Definitely less kick at higher rpms with the stock exhaust, but I drive it a lot cross county and the 6th gear drone was too much for me.
If you are not going for NCRS status, I might suggest adding QTP electric exhaust cutouts just ahead of the mufflers. Stock muffling and no resonance when you want it; anything from a little rumble to straight through exhausts when you want that. I tested a lot of systems on ZR-1s over 20 years, used Corsas mostly, finally went back to stock with the cutouts on my '95. Put them near the mufflers to preserve the spare tire carrier. Marc Haibeck did the work, but usually puts them where the spare carrier goes, I liked having a spare carrier. Crafted a rocker switch hidden under the passenger side console carpet. Here's link for the switch install http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....xhaust+cutouts and here is one page in a very long thread on best exhasuts with info on the cutouts http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....utouts&page=16. --Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RelocatedCutouts (6).JPG (260.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg RelocatedCutouts (3).JPG (274.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg CutoutSwitchInstall (5).JPG (250.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg CutoutSwitchInstall (1).JPG (184.2 KB, 58 views)
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 03-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote