Thread: NCRS Newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019   #9
Joelbbvette

Default Re: NCRS Newbie

I would suggest to start at a chapter meet if possible. Some chapters have better ZR-1 folks than others. Try to get at least the AC Delco replacement parts - Black Oil Filter, Air Filter and battery. You will still take a hit but it will be less. As for tires make certain they are the same size, I would recommend Goodyears F1s if at all possible. I will have a set of Goodyear Gatorbacks available after Nationals but they are mounted on 90 rims at present. Make certain all options work, seat bladders, cassette, CD, etc. as operations are the easy points to get. The Performance Verification is another thing entirely but one step at a time.

You do NOT need a Pizza box for judging and only one top gets judged. Original parts with a little wear and tear do better than perfect new parts that are not correct (you mentioned SS fasteners). I can make some other recommendations if you are interested, let me know. BTW, I am going after my Dave McClellan Award at Nationals in two weeks. I have a Dave Hill Award for my 94 Copper Convertible so this is the second car to attempt it.

Present Collection
1969 350/300 AC Convertible
1972 454 Coupe 2nd Owner
1988 KOH EX5006 - ZR-1 Prototype
1990 ZR-1 #277 NCRS Dave McLellan Award 2019
1994 Copper Convertible NCRS Dave Hill Award 2012
2001 Z06 122k miles

Joelbbvette is offline   Reply With Quote