View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020   #12
WARP TEN

Default Re: Gathering 2020, Hotel Reservations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1North View Post
As Mark noted in his email to us all a few days ago, we did run into issues with Holiday Inn reservation system. Sales had blocked "sleeping nights" rather than "rooms" which is why we ran up against the blcok limit so early in the process. The issue has now been resolved and people can book online at www.hibowlinggreen.com or by calling 270 745-0088 and quoting the block code ZR2 to get the $133/night rate. This rate includes breakfast for two at the HI restaurant. Given the issues we had, I'd be inclined to call the 270 number rather than book online.

In the unlikely event that people do run into issues, you are encouraged to call Shandi Dorsey in sales between 8am-5pm central time. She promised to get you booked immediately at the block rate. Her direct line is 270 393-8664.

Thanks for your patience everyone.
I booked mine early on without any problems, but I agree with Bob--Calling the hotel directly is the best way to assure reservations. I was in the hotel business for roughly 20 years and I have always called directly. Also if you are looking for a same day reservation at a hotel but the hotel says they are full, wait until about 5 pm then call and ask them if they have cleared their no shows. Sometimes that will reveal an open room. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote