View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020   #2
Ccmano

Default Re: Black Tag going into '94 Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungEff View Post
Sup everyone,

I've removed the Blue Tag ZF-6 from my '94 ZR-1 and i've got a question. What is the easiest way to mate the Black Tag ZF6 to the '94 ZR-1, which is set up to accept a Blue Tag unit? I'm aware of the throwout bearing ID difference between the car year models.. Is changing the Throwout Bearing the only way to get the trans in? Or is there another option since I have both trans here? Just wanting to get some experienced answers. Thanks

YungEff
Its just the input shaft diameter. So yes, just the Throwout bearing for the install. However the Black label uses a lockout lift ring for reverse. You will need an early version shift lever with the lockout lift ring to engage reverse. The ring uses Allen screws that lock the ring to a shaft that runs in the center of the shift lever. Once tightened you lift the ring with your fingers as you shift into reverse. The shaft is lifted and allows reverse to engage. You will also find that the VSS electronic connectors are different. Just swap the VSS unit from the blue tag into the black tag so connectors match your harness. You will also notice that the trans will be louder in low gears, some even have a slight growl, under 2000 rpm due to the slightly straighter cut of the gears.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote