View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020   #16
billschroeder5842

Default Re: Coming back.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxscimitarxxx View Post
Thank you Bill.... I hope I’m not putting you to too much trouble.... as for specifics .... pretty much looking to understand the works I should get done before it got shipped.... buying a car sight unseen and it arrives with jobs needing doing that could have been more easily done in the USA Is always the biggest issue.... even just getting the parts put in the car before it’s shipped is better than having to ship them separately .... stuff like tires weather seals brake work etc
David,

I visited the car yesterday and was able to crawl around it. I did take a few pictures (different than the ones posted by the dealer) but can't seem to find my USB cable. I'll upload as soon as I find it. In the mean time here are my subjective observations;

BLUF (Bottom line up front) This is a reasonably clean "driver" with a few notable defects that need attention. This car would not scare me off but then again I'm not shipping half way around the world. Since this car has had some modifications, you may find a few surprises.

Engine 8.0 The engine started and idled as it should with nothing sounding funny. The passengerside of the engine has a fair size oild leak dripping on the headers as it began to smoke. My guess is that the valve covers are leaking, There is NOS routing lines. There was no way for me to know if the system worked,

Trans, drive train 9.0. Obviously this has had a automatic trans modification so I noticed that there is no Dual Mass Fly wheel noise. We only moved the car a few feet but there was no noise shifting P-N-D or U joint noise I could hear.

AC/HVAC 9.5 All worked very well- cold AC. No telling if it was converted, All setting worked as they should.

Brakes ? No way to tell as we just pulled a few feet. But stopped and made no noise.

Dash/instrument cluster 5.0 All analogue gauges worked but the center cluster has very (very) faint letter.s almost blank. My guess is Batee is in your future.

Tires and Wheel 10.0 New Good with a 4218 build date. Wheels clean.

Cooling System 9.5 At idle and low revs everything seemed in order with no leaks.

Interior 9.0 The roll bar is a professional install. The driver side bolster has scuffs, but everything else is in good condition.

Accessories 10 everything works. No way to test the FX3, but no light

Stereo 10 Bose is working

Exhaust 10

Under carriage 9.0 Seems good.

Suspension ? No way to test but car sit normal and seems to have original bilstein shocks

Glass 9.5 Normal delamination on windshield with the rest good.

Seats 9.0 all moved (F, R, Up, DWN) as they should

Carpet 9.0 the foot wells are good but there is a hole about the side of a half dollar under the steering column on the knee bolster. My guess is that it was for the paddle shifter (now removed) cables.

Paint 5.0 This IS the problem with the car. There are a couple of big (playing card sized) peeling spots on the rear deck near the back window that have been "repaired" bt "smearing" touch up paint over the areas. Clearly noticeable. The rest of the paint needs a lot of buffing as it is faded. This car is a candidate for a repaint but is currently presenatable.

MISC-
Window sweeps are in good condition
Will need a new drivers side headlight motor as it is clicking badley
The car history said it was hit in the rear years ago. I crawled around under the car and could not find any evidence and the body panel alignment is normal.

I spoke with the sales guy and said he is confident the local owner would take 15K.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could do for you.

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388
2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker

billschroeder5842 is offline   Reply With Quote