View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020   #5
32valvesftw

Default Re: Just joined the forum

Congrats on being the caretaker of a truly remarkable car that does not get the credit it deserves.
I don't know the answer to that question but maybe if you give Bill a call he may be able to give you some advice. I know there are differences between the ZF6 in the ZR-1 and other ZF6s. I consider myself to be an ok mechanic, but that said I just came back from getting my car back from Steve at Crossed Flags performance, having the shocks replaced, And it was apparent to me how much I have yet to learn about these machines based on what Steve knows. The folks on this board have learned many lessons bad and good and such sage advice should be noted.
The labor involved with removing the transmission will be similar regardless of who does the work. A good honest shop maybe willing to pull the trans and ship it to a rebulider. Heck, most the time you go to transmission shop you don't get your original trans back as it gets sent in as a core charge for one purchased on the "market". That is exactly what you don't want to happen.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote