View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020   #18
WARP TEN

Default Re: Tire Replacement Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
My car had Nittos on it when I got it. Almost new. Had vibration. Road force balanced bad. Nitto reps would do nothing. Ended up getting another set of Nittos because Sumitomos suck and I couldn't afford anything better at the time. Guess what, had these balanced multiple times and still vibration. Pump em up to 50psi cuz car sits so much and it's on carpet. I haven't had much time to drive it last 3yrs, and the vibration makes me nervous. One of these days I think I will take it to Marc and just say "find it and fix it" along with my header stud leak...😳🙄😳😥
My '95 had a set of Sumitomos on it when it arrived in 2012. I also had a vibration and the next spring when I drove to Bowling Green it was annoying so I found a tire dealer there with a Road Force balancer and a very experienced tech. He had to rotate all the tires about 180 degrees on the rims and had to use a fair amount of weight to get them balanced. But one of the tires was so far out of manufacturer's specs that he could not get it balanced. But he still solved about 95% of the vibration problem. When I got home I got a set of Michelins from Costco and they balanced out perfectly and were vibration free--even without a Road Force balancer. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote