View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020   #2
ram_g

Default Re: Are These the Correct LEDs?

This is exactly what I used in my car - they work great and are a huge improvement over the stock lighting pattern/output. I have no regrets whatsoever.

However, be aware of the following:
- The stock sheet metal buckets need to be slightly modified to allow these to fit. Specifically, there is a small "bump" on one side of each bucket, that needs to be trimmed away for these to fit. I used a Dremel tool with a cutting disk and simply cut off the sheet metal in that area. That worked fine and there is plenty of material around the cut to provide strength.
- You will need to modify the foglamp wiring to ensure that the foglamps work. I was not able to make load resistors work with these LEDs. I did the "Yun mod" on the foglamp relay and that worked out perfectly.
- The LED units are quite a bit heavier than the stock plastic headlamps. My headlamp motors (specifically the plastic pellets inside) were already on their last legs and pretty much gave up after I made this mod. Replaced the pellets and all is well again.

Finally, be aware that this unit is available in a black background (as pictured) and also in chrome. I chose chrome as I think it looks better / closer to stock. YMMV.
ram_g is offline   Reply With Quote