View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021   #4
wfot

Default Re: Aaron Scott has returned to the fold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
What kind of power increase can be expected with the stage one cams? I'm at 430 to the wheels right now.
Talked to Aaron, he is not a big fan of the interwebs, so emails/posting is not going to happen, call him...

Here is what to expect, but keep in mind that if you make a major change like cams, any stage, the car will need a tune to get the best results. There are many factors that affect the cam's end HP number: headers, porting, exhaust, the tune, cam timing... with that said;

Stage 1 should see 25+ hp
Stage 2 should see 45+ hp
Stage 3 should see 60+ hp

This will also move the torque/hp up in the RPMs a little compared to stock, however, there is little impact on driveability with stage 1s and stage 2s. stage 3s will need more tuning to get a smooth idle/driveability.

If I read the list of mods to your ZR1 correctly, I do not see you have ported your intake/housings. Corey seems to be one of the best tuners out there. Porting is almost vital for the LT5, they like it.. a lot. Without porting, I would guess 20hp, with porting I would imagine a full 30hp. But keep in mind this is not just 30 at one spot, you will notice a much stronger pull almost everywhere.

I personally like the secondary delete, quicker throttle response, IMO.

John

Last edited by wfot; 01-19-2021 at 01:20 PM.
wfot is offline   Reply With Quote