View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021   #1
Matt B

Default Best regards from the Autobahn :)

Guten Tag,

greetings from Germany. Allow me to introduce myself - I'm Matt, forty something years old and just imported a stunning 1991 ZR-1 from New Jersey to near Munich. She's a pristine red over black, first owner beauty with only 18.500mls. She's complete in stock condition down to the original 30 yrs old tires. The ZR is actually my third American beauty and joins my pastel yellow 1970 Lincoln Mark III and ruby red 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Brougham.
I grew up in eastern Germany and have been an admirer of US automobiles ever since. I've owned quiet a few over the last decades with the pinnacle of my collection just having arrived: my ZR-1.

Why ZR-1? Well... You know why . It's an amazing car - but it's the engine that conquered my heart. Its look, the sound, the brute force but also the outstanding technology being so far ahead of its time. And of course the passion it was made with... This is truly a gem and a must-have!
But ZR-1 are super rare over here so instead of spending ages on my local market I had a friend from New York inspect this particular car and quickly decided to not wait any longer. While waiting for her I read though this forum, studied Marc Haibeck's and other pages, soaked up the "Heart of the Beast" book and also applied as a member to the Net Registry - which I now proudly am.

The ZR-1 already was (or is) registered with the Net Registry, former owner is Mr. Monopoli from NJ. Unfortunately I never had a chance to directly speak to him, but in case someone knows him and/or this car happy to hear about!

Now I have to go down the road to make her road legal. Biggest issue comes from the rear tires which are not available at all over here. But if there's a will...

I will add some pictures of her in beautiful Bavarian countryside once I can take her out for a ride. Already now I can say that I'm seriously happy and proud to own that fine masterpiece of a car and have my stake in preserving the legend.

Looking forward to becoming part of the community and of course to riding my ZR-1!

Best

Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6602.jpg (81.0 KB, 46 views)
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote