View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021   #6
Matt B

Default Re: Best regards from the Autobahn :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. Believe me - IF we will be allowed to travel freely in August It would be a great pleasure to join. We'll have to wait and see...

W.r.t. the tires right, Michelin is French. But... This is Europe so everything is complicated. There is a certain certification that car parts must have to be road legal. This is expensive so apparently Michelin has skipped certification and only produces for the US market. Which economically makes sense, as the number of ZR-1 over here is close to nothing. And also I learned that these Michelin tires are even Made in USA.
Also I'm forced to mount tires that are "Z" rated (or higher) so they are certified to withstand 290km/h (metric ZR-1 official top speed). I can't go for W rated or anything below 290km/h rating. Illegal here...

What they offer, though, is a 335 tire that fits various Ferrari and Lamborghini models, so there is a limited production run every now and then. I will opt for a pair of these. Front tires are available, so no issue here.

Best

Matt
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote