View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021   #3
wfot

Default Re: porting injector housings to 36MM

thank you paul,

this is exactly why I am asking this here. I would like real world examples of what people have done/used and what the results were. and please I would appreciate to hear what a dyno shows vs what does it feel like driving vs actual track numbers.

I am looking for real world HP numbers vs actual runner size...
IE can a 35mm runner support 450 hp?
can a 36mm runner support 550 hp?
I think a 36mm can got a 415 CID motor 600 HP on a dyno

What HP level does it become necessary for the siamesed runners or welded runners?

I think I saw on post somewhere by Pete and he stated that he can actually get the runners to 36.5mm, can the 36.5mm get 650HP?

any input or experience, good or bad, is appreciated.

thank you all again

John

I am also working out a way to be able to port the secondary injector boss just like the primary boss on the 90 housings. I am hoping if I an get the secondaries to flow as much as a fully ported primary, that this would get a full 36mm port on all 16 runners to go over 600hp..

I made a oring bung that is welded on top of the secondary port that lifts the oring point higher just like the primary port. this allows primary orings to be used on all runners and hopefully an excellent balance of flow for over 600 hp and be able to keep the low end torque.
wfot is offline   Reply With Quote