View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021   #2
WARP TEN

Default Re: Corsa Exhaust - Black Tip Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
i'm pondering the idea of an aftermarket exhaust for my 94' ZR-1. But I want to keep the stock look as much as possible. For that reason I am considering the black tip version of the Corsa exhaust. I've only been able to find one picture of it though in black. Has anyone put the black tip version on their car? Got pics?
Sorry I don't have a picture of the black tip Corsa on a car but here is a picture from their website along with a picture of a stock '94 exhaust. I used Corsas for many years when I had my ZR-1s and liked them. The problem of trying to look stock, as you know, is that stock has a single wide rectangular black painted tip, not twin outlets. The only rectangular tip cat back exhaust I found in a quick search was from Borla and I am not sure it fits the LT5. After many years with Corsas, I decided that for my '95 I really wanted to go back to a stock look but retain the ability to have a loud freer flowing exhaust, so I had Marc install QTP electric cutouts right in front of the mufflers (different from his normal location to retain my spare tire carrier). I also installed a rocker switch hidden under the carpet on the passenger side of the console to control them. This setup allow me to have a stock look and sound when I wanted it, but also to open them up for a low rumble or a full straight pipes sound. I normally left the cutouts about one third open for around town use. I really liked the setup and would do it again if I ever get another ZR-1. Apologies that this doesn't really answer your main question but hopefully helps with ideas. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-12-2021 at 10:57 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote