View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021   #4
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default Re: Torque Detail vs. other ceramic/poly polishes

I have not used the Torque ceramic product.
I had used their detail product for a few months.
It worked fine; nothing spectacular. My daily driver did not look like a Ferrari with the bottle sliding to the ground, although it was slippery.

I stopped using the Z products years ago.
They too worked fine.
However it seemed and still seems silly to have to use all of their products and use them multiple times to achieve "fine".
Let others pay.
I will not.

Meguiers, Mothers, Turtle, and many other name brands make very fine high quality products. Those companies have more folks just in their R & D department than those boutique companies have in their entire business, yet their prices are a mere fraction of the others.

I liked Griots and Adams but as they became popular, their prices increased while their products still worked "fine".

I have close to 300 bottles and cans of darn near every product ever made on shelves in my basement.

Very few products will ever deliver the results that the now defunct "Liquid Glass" with no dust and no swirls and no wax to heat up and smear.
Still have 2 of the last cans.

However, the newer products now seem to work just as fine.

Marty's Maxim: If it cost more than $25.00 per container, you likely are wasting money.

Some things never change.
1- wash the car with Dawn to remove all wax
2- clay bar (or better yet Nano pad) and detail spray to remove contaminants
3- polish with the lightest polish needed to remove your particular imperfections, going progressively lighter in strength
4- polish with glaze after the correcting polish
5- use a synthetic sealant
6- use a high quality wax like Gold Class afterwards to make it POP and add depth
7- use detail spray containing wax to keep it looking perfect.

I use a detail spray with wax that costs less than $25.00 per GALLON!

And the most important final step......

Upon completion, grab a few glasses of wine, a six pack, or something pleasingly sip-able, and sit in your garage and admire your work til dark.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote