View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021   #102
Prez1967

Default Re: Meet Bluey! 1994 #353

Cooling system filled
Power steering filled
Suspension installed
Bolts torqued and marked

Gave myself a deadline as my wife's truck was scheduled to go in for a detail/ Ceramic Coating tomorrow and told myself the car should be driveable by then. I made the deadline! Sort of.

Everything is back on the car. Alignment scheduled for 10am tomorrow. Tires are coming in this Wednesday (Nitto 555 G2). But theres one last thing.

The EGR Bung on the exhaust is still open. I ended up threading it yesterday since I couldnt figure how else to plug it while the header is already on the car. Funny enough, the hole in the bung is a 9mm hole (dont ask how I confirmed this) so I pulled out the M9x1.25 tap from my tap and die set. HAHA.... no M9 bolts anywhere in the country! Shipping from a supplier on Ebay would result in delivery by the beginning of next month.

I ordered some JB Weld Extreme Heat and a plastic epoxy syringe and figure i'll fill the threaded port with this stuff and hope it sticks. Will likely drive it to the exhaust shop and to/from work this week with the port open and get to it next weekend.

Another option would be to re-tap it using a 3/8 tap and get a standard bolt from HD. Will think about it tomorrow.

Dropping the car off the lift in the morning and adjusting rear ride height before I head to shop. Wish me luck!
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote