View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021   #96
zyal8r

Default Re: Delamination Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredgeguy View Post
Matt and Craig,
I was able to get State Farm to fork over $2000+ for a replacement windshield from ZR-1windshield.com but it took many emails, photos, etc to get it approved. First they said they would not pay for OEM and if that is what I wanted I had to pay the difference betweem OEM and replacement costs. Told them it is not OEM but it is the only one that meets OEM spec and in the end they paid. We are having a Wazoo holiday lunch this Sunday and we will get the latest update on the new venture that I understand is in the works. At least that was the word during Carlisle this past August. The hope is to have a replacement windshield with both large and small cutouts for less than $1000. Will keep all posted.
Please keep us posted, Sir! That would be awesome - I would definitely go for a $1,000 OEM-ish replacement versus my other idea - regular windshield with tint to recreate the OEM look. Still on the fence with that one, but if the reproduction windshields don't pan out in the next six months to a year, I'll just do the regular route with tint. Mine's too bad to drive in bright sun, and not worth the risk. I love the originality but mine is a hazard in the wrong situation.

Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote