View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022   #96
jss06c6

Default Re: New Owners/National list of Z Shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidijaxson View Post
I called Steve Schroder at Crossed Flags a few weeks ago to see about having some work done and it appears he is moving.
David is correct. I just completed my last project here in Texas. My wife and I are headed to Pagosa Springs, CO. We are building there on some property we own. Will take some time to effect the move, but I need to get our house ready to list so my time is consumed.

Pagosa Springs is not a reasonable location for a performance shop, so my role going forward would be consultative.

I've had the great pleasure and blessing to work on many C4'S over the past 4 years, developing lifelong friendships with many owners. They are truly unique and very few shops out there will try to learn how to tune and maintain them. I absolutely love the "real" LT-5! My '91 will forever remain with me until I give it to my son someday.

Last C4 project involved complete LT-1 rebuild after it spun #6 rod bearing.. the former "builder" put a stock flexplate (externally balanced) on an internally balanced rotating assembly! Balance was off by 84 grams! Finding competent shops to work on the Gen2 SBC family and our LT-5 is getting very scarce..

Thanks and Warmest Regards,

Steve Schroder
Owner
Crossed Flags Performance, LLC63440.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

Last edited by jss06c6; 02-16-2022 at 04:58 PM.
jss06c6 is offline   Reply With Quote