View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022   #3
WARP TEN

Default Re: '94 ZR-1 Sold on Cars & Bids in October-commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJL View Post
I don't think these cars will ever completely overcome the negative stigma associated with the C4 Corvette not to mention the fact that decent non-ZR1 C4 corvettes are selling for low teens. Of course there will always be motivated buyers out there to be had as long as the seller is willing to wait for one to come along but I think in general these cars will never sell for more than 10 to 15,000 more than a comparable C4 non Z car. Maybe down the road when these cars start to decrease in numbers, their values will finally increase to a level commensurate with what these cars represent.
On the plus side, by virtue of unfortunately depressed prices on the C4 ZR-1s, many more enthusiasts can afford and enjoy them. I really don't think very many ZR-1 owners bought the cars simply as an investment, although many paid $100,000 for the first '90s. But most of the owners I have known are in it for the fun, the driving experience and the mechanical aspects of the engine and car. . --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote