View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022   #12
RA42

Default Re: '94 ZR-1 Sold on Cars & Bids in October-commentary

Greetings all. New here obviously and am thoroughly enjoying learning so much about these awesome cars. I have been looking to start collecting cars and always aspired to being able to go in with a C2 Big Block car, unfortunately 4 daughters and college threw some wrinkles there with the values, but who knows I am still relatively young and their mom and my bride is very understanding. HA

For now, I have an opportunity for a 94 ZR1, one-owner sub 15k miles. Car has been stored for 10+ years, and cosmetically it is a solid 8. Mechanically she has been dormant ever since parked. I am not super mechanical, but I do understand I am looking at potentially a nice chunk of change to bring her back, along with a host of unknowns since the battery is drained (electrical, seals, gaskets etc) plus tires. To make it more complicated the car sits on the opposite coast as I do.

My question is what is a reasonable fair price range for this car? And I have reached out to Marc Haibeck and he has helped me understand the potential repairs (he is incredibly knowledgeable and responsive) and if the car is bought will go there first. Also, I plan to drive her periodically, but also want to straddle the fence between preserving a low mileage original example if that is possible.

Sorry for the length of the post.
Thank you all.
RA42 is offline   Reply With Quote