View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022   #32
RA42

Default Re: '94 ZR-1 Sold on Cars & Bids in October-commentary

Thanks Marty. Just trying to do my homework. I totally understand the mechanicals will go to MH and in my head have planned a placeholder on that cost. What I have now concluded is what the pictures don't show me regarding the paint, which admittedly concerns me as there is a ding in the fiberglass on the outer drivers door sill. I prefer not to repaint either A low mile example is a requirement of mine. Short of extreme low mile examples which I can not justify the price of at this moment (my only real data points are recent prices at auctions etc for sub 5k mile cars)this hits where I want with the exception being it is a barn find. On the flip side, someone needs to preserve this car right? Or at the very least bring it back to an operating life. All things being considered the gentleman selling it is certainly not thinking of it as a "barn find" of a vehicle that has yet to undergo significant appreciation...which it may or may not. He definitely has a very lofty opinion of the value. So I am just wanting to be fair but not stupid either and as a newbie I will probably end up being the later.

I have considered asking the community for leads on a car but suspect the price will require budget approval from my bride. If this car can be bought fairly then I can swing that without much fanfare and then pay for the repairs as it comes with MH. In other words too big of a check at once will get me the death stare....

Really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Rick
RA42 is offline   Reply With Quote