View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022   #29
tnse

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season now available

Researching, I found that Corvette Forum has a good write up on the PS AS4 from when the tire was introduced for the C8 (including some related videos). It seems that while the tire line has been out for a while (hence the intro on the C8 that has been out a few years now) it is the 315 rear size that is new and important for C4 ZR-1. See the link below:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...-tires-review/

I think the following quotes from the article are the most interesting ones:

All-Season 4 Michelins are no standard summer tire . . . Hell, they're grippier than plenty of name-brand summer tires while offering the flexibility of year-round safety and performance.

...I'm willing to wager these 'all-seasons' out-grip a lot of so-called summer tires.

Hell, if this tire had come out in the 80s or 90s, we would have hailed it as an amazing summer tire.

Obviously we are waiting to hear from a C4 ZR-1 owner who tries these on their car to get a real impression. But given that these are some of the most modern tires with the most up-to-date tire technology, is there any guess on how they will compare the other tire options for the C4 ZR-1? For example how would this All Season modern Michelin tire compare with the following:
  • PS AS4 vs factory chosen C4 OEM tires (Goodyear Eagle Gatorback and Eagle GS-C)
  • PS AS4 vs later aftermarket Goodyear options (Goodyear F1 Eagle GSD3)
  • PS AS4 vs current aftermarket options (Toyo Proxes R888R - non street, Toyo Extensa HP II, Hoosier A7/R7 - non street, Nitto NT555 G2, Nitto Motivo)

Finally even with the mis-sized 335/35 width instead of the factory 315/35 sizes, how would the modern Michelin PS AS4 which were introduced in 2020 compare with old Michelin Pilot PS2 summer tires that were introduced in 2004? How much would 16 years difference make in performance?

Last edited by tnse; 04-18-2022 at 12:38 PM.
tnse is offline   Reply With Quote