View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022   #33
tnse

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season now available

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
These look and sound promising. I?m not crazy about the thread design and looks, but that?s not important in real world. I am on the fence since I don?t think I?ll really make use of the AS benefit. I?m still happy to see options for our cars and I guess they must be good if the C8 comes with them. I need to replace my old drag radials and this might be something to consider for sure. Good to see all the thoughts and excitement about these new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
See this video at about the 9:17 mark for impressions of the PS AS4 on the C8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2MxuknropY&t=559s

The video is complimentary of of PS AS4 with some performance impressions (Gs while cornering, 0-60, braking, etc.) and even comparing it to the Bridgestone RE71R (on a different car) and Michelin Pilot 4S (on track in LV in dry on the C8) which are both full summer tires. I'm hoping what becomes evident or proven out is "All Season" doesn't mean less capable in summer but rather it just means more capable in winter - addition instead of subtraction. But we won't really know until someone actually can attest to how they work on the C4 - granted no one should be under the impression that the C4 is going to match the C8 in performance, handling, or capability no matter which tire they put on there, ZR-1 or not.

Last edited by tnse; 04-18-2022 at 02:45 PM.
tnse is offline   Reply With Quote