View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022   #292
WARP TEN

Default Re: How old are the ZR-1 owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Bob,

You are the man, the myth, the legend! I only know I am at retirement age and looking forward to it in less than two years. That will finally give me the time to enjoy my hobbies instead of trying to do so much on just the weekend. It is great we have a bunch of old timers here to learn from. I have a huge bin of LT5 Registry newsletters that I have not even had the time to read and I guess I can do that in retirement. The guy I bought my 91Z from in Hawaii was into it and left me all the stuff he collected. It is pretty interesting to see how they did it all in those days mailing hard copy newsletters. Those were the true innovators leading the way when these cars came out.

I am glad you are still here despite your new car. It is the people like you after all that make it great. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

Flattery will get you everywhere, Craig. Hope you can retire as soon as you want--I guarantee you will enjoy it. I retired fully about 8 years ago and really semi retired seven years before that and sold BMWs and MINIs at a local dealer for fun (not profit). No regrets at all. Just this weekend we had our 8 year old granddaughter up for an overnight and had to grocery shopping; she lit up and said "Can we go in the Corvette, Pop?" the next day when working on a project with her, I said we probably should go to the hardware store for a couple small parts. She once again said, "Can we go in the Corvette?" Retirement doesn't get any better than that. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-22-2022 at 09:46 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote