View Single Post
Old 12-21-2022   #1
Corvette95

Default Car cover buying help (non Corvette) still would like recommendations.

Hi all! So I have spent the past year restoring a Pontiac for my close uncle. He got me into cars waaay back in the day. It is a 97 Pontiac Bonneville he bought off the showroom floor. He always bought a new Pontiac every year until this one. Declining health with memory issues common for someone in the mid eighties. So he can't drive, and the car was parked under a small carport facing slightly down hill for years. Local shade tree "mechanics" , heck, the small town Pontiac dealer done a number on this car. So EXACTLY one year to the day, I am delivering it back to him from a Christmas preset, I photo's a documented the entire process. Like I said , he can't drive but he can go outside and get out of the house a look at the 100's of photos of the resto project. The bad news, it's going back to the same carport with a slant, the slant allowed leaves and mildew to destroy the cowl and heater box (I replaced). I need a all seasons cover that wont mildew, and let damp air out. If there was one that had a zipper entry to the drivers door would be a plus. Any affordable covers anyone can recommend. A Car Capsule is more that he could handle. Also needs to not dull the paint if its windy and quick release tie downs are also a plus. Thanks!
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote