Thread: 1990 #2659
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023   #19
Raykahn

Default Re: 1990 #2659

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977CamaroZ28 View Post
Your car sounds lovely!! Very nice pics and good level of cars. Thanks to share.

Thanks. The video doesn't do justice to how loud it actually is. If you pay attention to the people on the right side of the video you can see some of them wincing and plugging their ears or making faces. It really catches you off guard because at idle it doesn't sound like it will scream so hard.

I think its a bit raspy, not quite as full bodied of a sound as I my ideal would be. I've been told by one of my older friends I need to put some cherry bombs on it, but at that point I may as well just straight pipe it and make my neighbors hate life. I actually quite enjoy how civilized it is under 3500 RPMs, and the Corsa tips are by far my favorite look.

There were ~15 cars in that competition. Lots of scatpacks and mustangs ringing in between 110 dB and 115 dB. Also a couple of Hondas with fart cans that sounded extremely quiet after all the muscle roared. The loudest was a lamborghini modded to spit fire, it hit 119.1 dB. The C3 next to me was second loudest at 118.3 dB, really great sounding car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raykahn is offline   Reply With Quote