View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023   #42
QB93Z

Default Re: On The Road Again... Jim & Lyndi's 2023 ZR-1 Road Trip to Yellowstone

You are right Joe, When we were in Utah, I thought about contacting the previous owner. I decided he probably wouldn't be impressed.

Day 19 - We road the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad from Silverton back to Durango.

Day 21 - We drove from Durango to Gunnison, Co. The first part of the trip followed US-550, known as the Million Dollar Highway because it is estimated the construction cost was $1 million a mile. The route took us back to Silverton. The into high altitudes in the San Juan Mountains. Over night, the was a light snow on the high mountains and trees. The scenery was stunning. Lyndi took hundreds of pictures and I think I will be able to post them starting soon. We stopped in Ouray, Elkridge, Montrose, and Black Canyon on the Gunnison River National Park.

Day 22 - We got a very early start and drove to Canyon City, CO to ride Royal Gorge Route Railway. We have been fans of the Royal Gorge for years. In 2018 we got to drive across the Royal Gorge Bridge suspension bridge with a group of ZR-1's. From 1,200 feet down, riding on a train through the canyon, the sight of where the ZR-1's had been parked was amazing.

Stay tuned for some pictures of the wonderful landscapes we have seen...

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote