View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023   #5
WydGlydJim

Default Re: INFLREST; I've replaced front impact sensor 3 times

Update........so I could not bring myself to believe I had a problem at the sensor anymore, because it is NOS, and I was very careful with installation, paying close attention to grounding, etc........decided to go upstream to the connector inside at the driver's side kick panel. What I found was that when the connector was placed in the holder attached to the car, the wires that came in from the bottom became very taut, and were kinked pretty badly. moving forward on the premise that a badly kinked wire could cause a restriction or resistance with the flow of electricity, the same way a kinked hose causes a restriction in water flow, I pulled some more slack in the wires, and created a much bigger radius to the wire routing. Then I put some dielectric grease in the connection and Viola! light is out, and stayed out for a 15 minute drive. So I was skeptical I could have a problem there, but lesson learned, a resistance issue can occur not only at the sensor, but at the connector inside the car. I cleared the code with a grounding wire on the first try, because now I am an expert unfortunately. thanks for the links!

I think it may be fixed; so satisfying to have a clean DIC on a 75k miles car.

1973 LS4/sold

Last edited by WydGlydJim; 12-04-2023 at 02:02 PM.
WydGlydJim is offline   Reply With Quote