View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024   #52
TallySpeedRacer

Default Re: FS Single fuel pump conversion for LT5

Dan,
After the first attempt at repair we replaced the secondary solenoid and fuel pressure regulator only because one was available. Upon start up we could only muster 31-32 psi at idle, and about 38 psi at 3500 rpm.
After removing your pump we did notice the clamp on the line connecting to the pump was broken, couldn't tell you if that happened on installation or removal.
Aaron Scott who is more of a corvette purist wanted to put two new Delphi pumps on the original assembly and clean up the faulty sending unit as this was the reason for replacement in the first place. So, after rebuilding and installation we were able to attain 42 psi at idle and 51 at 3500 rpm. We tested the car on the road and had the secondaries kick in without interruption or fault codes. The gas gauge also seems to be working for the time being.
I don't recall Aaron mentioning if he tested your pump for amp draw so I can't tell you if that was a problem.
I'm sorry I couldn't isolate a specific problem for you but do appreciate your feedback in helping me along the way.

Andre'
TallySpeedRacer is offline   Reply With Quote