View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024   #5
tiegsd

Default Re: 1990 ZR-1 Aftermarket Radio not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_avg View Post
Hello guys! I am deeply honored to finally be able to own a Corvette. I am from Athens, Greece and I just got my 1990 ZR-1.

I am in desperate need of your precious help.

The car already has an aftermarket stereo with an amp and subwoofer etc so previous owners probably bypassed the BOSE?
I tried replacing the old aftermarket head unit with a Pioneer bluetooth one.
I joined the wires and it fired right up. Sadly however, before I taped my connections I started looking on how to connect the RCA from the amp and the wires probably moved and touched one another and suddenly the radio stopped working. I checked the fuse on the Pioneer headunit and replaced that and nothing. I checked the fuses on the passenger door and all seemed fine.
The antenna does not go up.
I did not check the small fusebox under the passenger side dash.
The radio itself is fine because I took it to the shop I got it from and they tested it.

Another ZR-1 owner told me that it is not the CDM since I have climate and dash gauges etc, everything else works.
Could you point me to the right direction?

Congrats on your ZR-1!

You may want to ensure you know exactly where the power is coming from and going to so you're checking the right things (fuses, grounds, etc) in case the previous owner did some sketchy things with the aftermarket setup.
1990 Black/Black ZR-1 #1155
1993 White/Red coupe (Regrettably sold)

tiegsd is offline   Reply With Quote