Thread: Why a ZR-1?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009   #9
Z51JEFF

Default Re: Why a ZR-1?

Little more than a year ago I was in the market for my dream car,the one I had always wanted.Didnt have any one car in mind,just the car Ive always wanted.Thought about a 69 Z/28..........not gonna pay $40K for a Camaro.Ive always liked Midyears so I started thinking about those,found a nice 64 but it was 2 hours away and wasnt about to drive that far to look at a car with unknown history.A new Corvette,how many people get the chance to buy a new Corvette.Checked em out,had the options I wanted in the car but the quality issues in the new cars put me off,I wont take my car to anybody for repairs and the thought of taking my new Corvette back to the dealer for anything wasnt going to work.You want to talk about a bunch of arrogant pr!cks,check out the C6 section on another site.You mention quality issues to these d!cks and they have an answer for everything.So I start thinking about a ZR-1,Ive always followed the car since the late 80,s,knew exactly what the car was so that was my choice.When the C5 came out in 1997 my brother asked me if I had a choice what would I own between the 2,I told him at the time it would be a tough choice.When I bought my ZR-1,didnt even consider a C5,any C5 for that matter.Ive always known these cars are gold and one of these days the value is going to shoot through the roof,its a bit odd knowing I have one of these in my garage.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote