View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009   #1
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Dodge Challenger SRT8 Hemi Kill Story

On the way back from a Cars and Coffee I was riding along side of this Black Challenger SRT8 and he decides to rev at me to impress his wife or girlfriend. I just ignored him at first then at the next light he decides to do a small jump and so I tap the throttle back with a jump, but there is cop in front of us. So as soon as the cop turns left off the highway I just open up a little to cruise along onto the freeway and the Challenger is no where to be seen so I'm just cruising home. Then in my rearview I see something coming up fast and I move to the side from the far left lane as he stays on the side. I have a car in front of me so I cut to the right lane to go around and he takes off. I downshifted to 3rd and immediately caught up to him and laid on it, by the time I shifted to 4th he was about 5 or more cars lengths behind me and he quit. I only got to 120 when I let off since he was so far behind. I guess he found out his muscle car is not that great. They have good power and torque, but I guess it is way too heavy.

Not that great of a kill story to be proud of, but my first since getting it back on the road last month. It was the first time I got to really open it up so I had to take advantage of the opportunity. The LT5 sure is music to your ears at wide open throttle. At least I found out that my smoking issue with the pcv system is resolved. It's a great day in paradise.

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 05-10-2009 at 01:37 AM.