View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009   #24
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Dodge Challenger SRT8 Hemi Kill Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Nice Kill Craig. Kind of like snakes to me, they're all cobras! Kill them all.

BTW, what was the PCV problem & how did you cure it?
Jerry,

Thanks, I hope to have something worth bragging about the next time.

I thought I had the PCV problem licked with burning oil, but it is just better and not cured. My original PCV pipe brackets were broken so the world's most expensive hose to me was sagging and possibly causing oil to be sucked in at a great rate that it should have causing my oil burning. One of the members was so kind to give me a set of pipes and I bought the SAMCO hoses with new PCV valves. It really did help and I thought I had it cured but the caravan to the local Corvette show and shine on Memorial Day proved otherwise as there was complaints from the Vettes behind me. I'm not sure if I just did not burn out all the residue from the prior problem or not. I might end up trying to Seafoam as I have heard about and see if I can clean it out and then monitor the plugs, catch can and exhaust. I am going to do some vacuum testing before going leak down and compression testing. I can't imagine that I have oil ring problems with 53K miles, but you never know. If so then I have to do some serious thinking about a build up or get rid of it.