View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009   #36
TommyL

Default Re: Lets see our Canadian ZR-1s

There were '5' 1993 40th Ruby/Ruby ZR-1's imported into Canada. I know of 3 still in Canada and bought new here... 1 is down east in a dealer's collection and 2 are in the GTA. About 9 years ago while at my brothers home in Burlington ON, I met a guy that claimed he had one . I thought to myself (ok yes maybe he has a 40th Corvette but the odds of it being (A) a ZR-1 and (B) a Ruby car are next to nil). Well to my surprise he brought it over to my brother's home the very next day. WOW it was a Ruby/Ruby 40th ZR-1 bought new in Toronto for a measly sum of 107,000.00 in 1993 $ WOW. This fellow was a pilot for Air Canada and has had many different sports cars... Ferrari, Porsche, Acura NSX and the like. After chatting and looking over his "gem" he said, "I would never sell this ZR-1... these are quite Rare, alot of fun, and not too bad to maintain". My 40th ZR-1 was originally sold in Indiana. I purchased it from a collector in Texas with 2,200 miles! Roughly 3,500 kms from new. After talking with the owner many times on the phone and requesting picture after picture via e-mail, I acquired the car. When it arrived, the car came to me as new! Still having plastic on the door sills, seats, glass top and steering wheel . I assumed (like most people do) that the car would need some maintenance...WRONG.. aside from the battery, oil filter, fuel filter, and air in the tires... the car arrived 100% factory stock. I do drive it twice a year to keep everything lubed and in good working order, but to be honest, I really find it tough to put miles on my Ruby.

Last edited by TommyL; 06-24-2009 at 12:13 AM.
TommyL is offline   Reply With Quote