View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010   #27
bdw18_123

Default Re: My '90 ZR-1 project update thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Listen to the words of Jedi-Master Obi-Wan-Jeffvette-Kanobi....

Oh, yea, the heater core is proly about cost of an oil & filter change plus a bit more. Inexpensive part and the "while we're here" rule is in play now. Just test the damn thing before you install it to check for leaks. The foam could probably be bought at the hardware store in the HVAC section. You know those bootleg foam filter blanks, 2' x1' x 1'' thick stuff they sell it as a sheet and you cut it to fit your needs. Or if it's strips, you can hi-jack the install kit from a sleeve A/C unit. I have to confess that I don't know what the foam looks like. If I could see it I can probably make a determination of where to get some as I'm sure GM don't sell it at the parts department. I'll go look in my 90's FSM and see if I can figure an answer for you.

Tom

Here is a close-up picture of the foam on the heater-core, looks like it's approximately 1/4" thick. How would I get the new core pressure tested? Are even new cores bad right out of the box very often?

1990 Corvette ZR-1 [/B][I]
White/Flame Red, #2299, mostly stock, 144K miles.[/I]
-Cams timed to the '93-'95 405HP LT5 stock timing.
-IAT sensor relocated to below front bumper.
-Haibeck hoops installed in airduct.
-OBX cat-back exhaust.
[COLOR=DarkRed][B](SOLD - December 2012 [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed][B]:hello:)[/B][/COLOR]

1993 Corvette Coupe
Black/Black, 6-speed
(SOLD - October 2009 :hello:)
bdw18_123 is offline   Reply With Quote