View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010   #5
phrogs

Default Re: The Boxes Arrive in Afghanistan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandornjim View Post
We've been told the guys in the outposts are not eating well, eating the same thing every three days, etc. They're losing weight so we have been sending a lot of canned meat, less any pork products. (restriction). I also just found out they are losing their free INternet. NOw they'll have only a few computers and will have to pay fo the time etc. I CALL BS. Sounds like another great idea by our government...

I can't say I ever had free internet, becasue when its on a government computer they want you to use it for official business only.

They block websites especially forums and ebay.

They also turn it off when they want any time something happend they didn't want reported back right away by us then it was turned off, it sucks but I ended up on some bases that had internet cafes but I really ended up not really getting on the net to often other than emails.
When I got to Al Asad in they had satilite internet you could pay for and it wasnt cheap and it was horrible!

as far as not sending pork products I just don't get that **** I had pork all the time I hate that our leaders are so worried about conforming to their standards next thing is all the females will have one burkas!

Last edited by phrogs; 07-08-2010 at 12:03 AM.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote