View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010   #14
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: Regoinal Director for this Region?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
It's only freaken money,heck you can't take it with you,they don't take cash in the after life.

Heck to me just the T-shirt is worth the money.

If the club wants to pay for tent,space at Bloomington Gold and track rental ,i'm in for grilling,eating and racing
We can set it up for example
Friday Drags
Saturday BBQ/Grill @ BG Show
Sunday more Grilling and Tech session at the tent have an LT5 motor on a stand apart to show the inner makings of the LT5 to the rest of the Corvette community.
We have enough IL members that will help,you know i'm in.

But if it's gonna create bickering and cause the club to break up then forget it.
We've been doing just fine without outside help/funds.

Jeff for State Director
Pete
All I am saying is it would be nice to see an organized Registry event at Bloomington Gold, The Club parking would be free at Bloomington, you would not need to get a tent area, just sitting by the cars BSing would be fine. if they wanted to 'pay' for a space great.. Race on Friday or whenever. So from a cost stand point if there was registry parking only, then no cost other then buying your own ticket. This past year there was no registry parking as there has been in previous years either..

I know the local owners get together, but this now would allow others in neighboring states to plan to come out to an event and meet. Everyone is welcome at our Pizza nights, but sometimes we plan them the week of, which does not work out to well for an out-of-state owner that wants to join in.

I agree we are doing fine without official registry events, but i have to wonder, how many of other states (WI, MN, MI, IN, IA, MO and others) would come to something like that?
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote