View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016   #12
d15b7

Default Re: ZR1 Pricing.......

hey fellas! I too always watch with interest the BJ auctions -- not so much because I want to sell my ZR-1 (I really never plan on selling it -- it was my boyhood dream car!!) but because I like seeing all the cool cars that many I remember seeing in the high school parking lot (for pennies haha). one needs to remember that values on the cars seem to change almost overnight; take for instance the air cooled Porsche prices; 5 yrs ago late 70s and all 80s 'not special model' air-cooled 911s were nothing special in particular; now they are VERY strong money and still going up fast. 3 yrs ago I was offered to buy an '78 911 SC in very nice shape with 40k miles on it for $15k. I thought that was too much $$. ha. wow what a mistake. that's a $40k-$50k car now and going up. same is true of the late 70s early 80s Trans Ams now; 5 years ago perfect ones were $12k. this year at BJ two super low mileage Bandit editions (one a late 70s 400 4sp the other an early 80s 301 Turbo) went for $100k. (neither of those were the real movie car that did HUGE money). this is how the collector car market swings; it moves wildly and once the wave starts to surge on a model it can go FAST and BIG. no one can predict for a certainty what might happen, but I tend to think that in 10 years (or maybe less) the 'special' C4s will start surging (ZR-1s being the most special, with GrandSports being in there too, due to the one year only status).

the nice thing about our ZR-1s is that they truly are 'supercars' -- the performance in all aspects is still up there, even considering the 25 years of tech that has passed. those 70s/80s TAs? I've driven one -- and let me tell you - a late model Honda Accord V6 would school it lol.

just my observations and opinions. now if only this snow / salt would go away -- I'm aching to take my '90 out for a leg-stretching!!!
d15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote