View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021   #6
Curtis

Default Re: The king is dead. Long live the King.

Food for thought ? I also have a 91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Built in Japan sold here for 2 years for FIA world homologation reasons for world rally car racing
Cars we?re 32 to 36k when new. 2 liter turbo awd all wheel steering leather and ground effects by AMG same people that does Mercedes Benz .I bought mine in 99 from a lot that thought it was a base model
First owners were factory executives, and people with lots of money and no logic driven by performance
I joined and later became a moderator on Galantvr4.org as the car got older we went from nasa engineers, ball brothers engineers, physics etc to 16 year old kids that had a buddy with an eagle talon or eclipse or talon that said theses could be made fast and now are worth 6 to 8k in perfect race ready condition with 30 to 40k invested running 8 and 9 second quarter mile times?.. value dropped to nothing?.. mine is apart and would need 3 of 4K to put together but parts I have car should make 800 to 1000 awd horsepower?.parts are worth 30 k so why build it?.

They got associated with the dsm cars and fell ?. This is different just a newer monster from the same corporate race shop and town but I truly believe this will hurt more than help? let these guys start an 8 gen Z06/Z07 board ?. It?s this simple I?ve been to shows where car guys will walk past a row of 20 new C8?s and say holy **** that?s a ZR1 pop the hood let me see the boat motor. I had a 12 year old in a row of exotics telling his mom the difference between a Dino and a regular Ferrari and he asked if it was mine and I told him no wish it was ?. I?d have a bunch of corvettes to buy and laughed he then asked what I?ve got I was like the white ZR1 daily driver over in the far end and him and his mom walked a 1/4 mile to see it?. It was like Christmas for us both

Exclusivity and rarity are in same strip club but not the same woman
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote