View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023   #8
zyal8r

Default Re: Replacement Windshield Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusDriver View Post
I owned a replacement windshield that David Johnson coordinated several years ago. It was a great effort and end result but, there were differences from 'typical' as originally installed units.

I suspect the soon forthcoming windshields will be welcomed by our community and rightfully so. I am sure there will again be slight differences from typical. The good news is, the only people that will care are the NCRS/BG types. Everyone else will install their beautiful and clear windshields and continue enjoying their ZR-1.

Will the new examples have an impact on value? I suspect it will have a slightly negative impact to a NCRS/BG type enthusiast. Everyone else, it will probably have a positive impact.
Hi Mark - question - I'm assuming yes, but does NCRS dock points for delamination on an original windshield? I have been waiting a long time for a replacement, and am very anxious to get one. At least I will be able to see out of it! Here's mine, currently. This is the worst of the worst! Which would deduct the most points... my current windshield, or, a replacement that is as close to spec as possible like these reproductions? Maybe in the eye of the beholder/judge, etc.

Obviously, I won't care if mine were to be docked a few points, given what I currently have to work with!

2023-08-20 005-copy2.jpg

Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote