View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017   #27
Vette73

Default Re: Shopping for 1st ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
Think it through carefully. You must be committed to maintain this car and become very knowledgeable with the mechanics around you who can work on it and its vulnerabilities it has. Some parts are readily available and some parts are discontinued and in demand. It is a rare car but it is a two edged sword also. This site is one that you must belong to if you want any chance in being able to maintain and care for the car correctly.

Most people who can tell the difference from a run of the mill c4 appreciate it and the ones that do appreciate it like looking at it but would never consider owning it since it is rare and a unicorn among corvettes and the chances of recovering your money will be kind of slim unless you buy real low. always get the best car you can. buy a modded car from a great owner. there are a few here who are selling great modded cars. there is a 368 stroker with a polished engine that has been for sale a while but I find to be an excellent value. It has extensive great mods and is in mint condition. If you want less risk then buy a c5 or c6 z06. I wish you good luck in your search. It is a historic car and it holds up well despite it being over 25 years old in some cases. It is still relevant performance wise but with the new cars like camaros and mustangs pushing 440hp in stock condition dont be surprised to be smoked in a race unless you have a well modded, head ported, long tube headed, intake plenum and injector housing ported and stroked LT5. Just my opinion. If you are in love with the history and mystique then this car is for you.

edram454
Yes I believe the 368 stroker if I'm not mistaken is at gateway classics right now...I believe it's on consignment......I saw this car after I bought mine and I believe the asking price was around 25,000 when the forum member was selling privately....

Worth every penny of 25K, plus owned by an enthusiast.....If you go on gateway classics website they have a video of the car in motion.....Not a big fan of the white stripe but when I saw the video it looks great.....Car is showroom with the right mods......The mods alone were probably close to if not more than 25K....Something to consider if we are talking about the same car...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote