View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021   #57
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: porting injector housings to 36MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfot View Post
I have spoken to Marc about this personally, a very nicely detailed runner will be about 45 HP over the 35HP posted on his site and yes, 10 less for the 93 - 95 versions.

I have been looking at the differences between the 375 vs 405 housings and finds that the secondary runners are very similar, however the primary runners on the 405hp have much more volume..measured in ML. secondaries are both 80 ML and the 375HP primary about 70ML and the 405HP primary is about 80ML. the 405HP runners seem to be much more equal in volume as far as primary vs secondary.

Pete seems to do more extensive work with a 37mm port and I would doubt that there is an honest 50HP hiding in those housings.... hence this tread...

John
In addition my using Pete's model runner size as my guide, and Pete later phased my cams slightly as well, the whp was 432.

I'll let you do the math, but the porting and headers and (stock cams) phasing resulted in a HUGE improvement in performance - significantly greater than a paltry 50 hp. So, what am I missing here???

My stock bottom, stock cammed LT5 before and after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Torque stock vs 500 upgrade.jpg (24.5 KB, 48 views)

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote