View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013   #5
AT T 2D

Default Re: For Sale: Red 1991 ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanChappel View Post
Just way too cheap! We are our own worst enemies sometimes.....I would have thought this car and accessories would be in the $ 22-24K range...
We thought so too when it went up for sale about 4 months ago, but that just isn't where the market is. It was advertised nationally for over 3 months in the price range you mentioned through a large classic car consignment dealership without success.

There seems to be quite a divide growing between the very low mile NCRS type cars and cars that have been driven and enjoyed. My 12k mile '94 sold for $36,000 just after the first of the year. A friend just bought a less than 20k mile '90 for around $22,000 that is in awesome condition. Based on what I am seeing in the market, the price starts to fall dramatically after about 10k - 12k miles. I personally think that a lot of it has to do with the vanishing middle class in America. The collectors with money want low mile cars and there aren't that many people entering the middle class that can afford a nice drivers car any more. Just my two cents.
2008 Corvette Convertible
AT T 2D is offline   Reply With Quote