View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014   #1
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Sunday drag racing - need show of hands!

The Crown Point Corvette Club would like an idea of how many racers and spectators to expect on Sunday. So, please "vote" in the poll.

ALSO... I emailed this to those I have addresses for, but for those Z brothers that did not see this, please read the details below...

_____

Hello fellow WARRIORS!

For those attending the CPCC annual Corvette Shootout (drag racing) on Sunday, please remember –

$35 is paid at the gate by those that intend to race. AND another $10 is paid at the Registration tent, near the bleachers. $12 at the gate to spectate. To avoid confusion, everyone intending to race please register as a member of the ZR1 NetRegistry club. Otherwise, your time slip will recorded as some other club. This is especially important for you big guns: Pete, Bob, Al, Marc, & Kevin especially, as your times historically are the ones that pound the competition into the dust!

Also… At the end of each run, be sure to stop by the Registration tent to record your time slip, and (again) see that it is recorded under the ZR1 NetRegistry club in order to be tabulated correctly. (Sounds elementary, for sure. But, there has been some cases in the past where time slips did NOT count due to the wrong information.

And, not mentioned till now, but the time trials for the TEAM TROPHY are in the morning. After lunch there are bracket eliminations, and if memory serves, a the lion’s share of trophies also went to our group. So, again… don’t forget to get your time slips recorded at the Registrtion tent after your bracket runs too.

If I read the CPCC flyer correctly, we are allowed to bring FOOD this year. (And, if you’ve ever eaten the junk at the track concession stand, you’ll appreciate this change!)

One last thing… The CPCC club always likes to have an idea of how many are going to attend and how many in particular are going to race. I’ll post a poll on the Registry’s EAST CENTRAL REGION page of the forum, and if you would, please indicate whether your going to race or just watch.

Watch this web page for last minute updates. And, don’t forget the pre-race pizza nite gathering at Home Run Inn on Lake Street in Addison this Friday at 6:30 till….

Paul.

Thanks,

Paul.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by Paul Workman; 09-23-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote