View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012   #5
Rusty

Default Re: Running rough/missing (94 ZR1)

Thanks for the suggestions! That gives me some suggestions to try out, which is great. Will hopefully get around to checking the hose to the map sensor this weekend and go from there. I'll post results as things go along, and may have more questions!

My shop manuals (purchased from eBay) just arrived on the weekend, so I can refer to those to help with these diagnostics and if anybody is able to point me towards a particularly helpful section/page #.

In response to scottfab's questions:
1. It accelerates well at WOT... doesn't seem to hesitate at all, and pulls... impressively, to say the least.
2. - 3. Will check the fuel pressure (and filter) and the spark on each cylinder on the weekend.
4. Personally, I'm not much of a mechanic (yet), but my Dad's been rebuilding his '86 with a new motor and many other TPIS things for the past few years, and he's helping me with the ZR1. So, between the two of us, pulling the plenum is just taking off a bunch of bolts. :-) Bring it on! I'll know more about ZR1 mechanics by the end of this, I'd imagine!

Thanks all for the ideas so far and I'll post more when I have some more information!
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote